Thursday, March 25, 2010

Welcome to Jade's Anime Reviews

I'm a bit of an Anime enthusiast and I know for a fact that I tend to run around  trying to find good Animes to watch when I've been watching one for a very long time. For example... I've only recently started watching Bleach since the beginning of the year and I'm on episode 175. That amounts to an average of about two episodes per day, which isn't a lot, until you factor in days when I have other things to do. I sometimes sit down to watch ten episodes at a time.

Long story short, I watch Anime quite often and I often put other old or new Animes in my queue list. I'm watching Animes that I've watched when I was younger and I'm watching Animes that I know I won't be a big fan of.

Speaking of which, what do I look for in Anime? This is something you should know so you know how I review Animes I watch. I'm a sappy love story kind of girl. This means that I like Shoujo. I dislike action sequences and violent gore. This means I usually avoid Shounen. However, I will watch both Shoujo and Shounen Anime for the sake of reviewing them and I will do my best not to be so biased. However, please note that I will stop watching if anything too sexual comes up. I don't mind watching a bishi ramble about his looks, but I will be a bit grossed out if he starts making out with another bishi. I don't mind romance but I do mind hentai.

When I review Anime, unless it is a long series (eg Bleach), I will review upon finishing the last episode. I will give it a rating by US TV standard (Y, G, PG, 14, MA). I will also give it stars on overall storyline, anime graphic style, character structure, soundtrack, and general entertainment. One star being below expectation to five star being above expectation. I will also be ranting awhile about the Anime afterwards.

Hope you find the Anime Reviews useful.

0 comments: